Monday, October 8, 2012

Something Stirs In The Darkness...

It's been a long time since I posted on this blog, but I haven't forgotten about the few subscribers or what started here.

Dark Arts: Rising has made a big impression wherever it appeared. Every few months, in some corner of the internet, a group of people discover this short, and it gets resurrected again. For a while I wasn't sure what I'd be doing with this material.

I thought I might write a solid prequel book, or pen another seven chapters this year and close it out with another seven the next. My obligation to finish Spinward Fringe Broadcast 7: Framework took the focus, so not much happened at all with Dark Arts. The first chapter of a prequel starring Maxwell did materialize and it was received with surprising enthusiasm, which tells me that Dark Arts has incredible potential.

For now, I'm taking these seven chapters back into development, so they've been removed from the site. I'll be editing what already exists, most likely releasing it through a Premium Amazon service to see how it does there. I'll decide what happens with the Dark Arts stories sometime after that.

The challenge with Dark Arts is twofold:
I need to find the time to write something new.
I have to decide which story to tell.

I'd like to thank the tens of thousands who downloaded and enjoyed this seven chapter test, and the hundreds who reviewed it on all the sites that picked it up. I've heard you, and am amazed at how many times I've been summoned back to this story.

RL

No comments:

Post a Comment